• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to get a RHIB transported.

usafcajun

I need to get a RHIB transported from DRMO at Camp Pendleton to south Louisiana. It's on a trailer with a pintle hook and not a ball joint. I have a pic posted at this link.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

And you should post a pic, in lieu of link. I don't want to look at a link that requires an account just to look at it. Makes it smell like spam.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And you should post a pic, in lieu of link. I don't want to look at a link that requires an account just to look at it. Makes it smell like spam.
:ditto:

and this....

Linking: Please consider the following regarding linking:
• Do not link to password protected websites that the rest of the membership cannot access.

usafcajun

Posting from my iPhone, couldn't get the actual URL to the pic. Will fix from home. And double post was cause I lagged and rehir submit.

davidkroberts

that may be one from my old unit, Did it have the inboard volvo penta diesel engine?

Anyway we used to pull them with a 3/4 ton truck. Just get a heavy duty pintle hook (they sell them at Tractor Supply)and pull it back yourself they pull real nice. A one ton would be better but they still pull pretty easily. They arent that heavy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many meters? Probably no help but stonepicker is headed to Cali for his CUCV II.

3dAngus

Oh man, what a sweet ride. Congrats. I bet you can't wait to get her checked out and on the water.
Drum are hitting anything that moves. Happy fishing!

usafcajun

@Davidkroberts.......I just checked the few pics that I have of it and it does have a Volvo inboard engine. It also seems to be missing the lower unit of the motor. Minor issue I think.

@Recovery4x4.......The boat is 24' in length, 8.3' width and 11' in height.

@3dangus........As much as I'd like one of these personally, this thing is for my department. I'm a deputy sheriff and run the LESO/1033 program for our dept.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way stonepicker could load that up with his CUCV II. RHIBs are just cool. We have a couple at work and I watched the Navy load an 11M RHIB in the back of FSF-1. The Chief said they could launch and retrieve said RHIB while cruising at 30 Knots. For those wondering about the FSF-1 Sea Fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maverick1701

if you can get it to the tx panhandle. I am going to DRMO in ft polk, LA sometime next week to pick up some of our LESO/1033 winnings.... HMMWV wheels, A3 wheels, and laptops for my Sheriff's Office. I might be able to haul for you