• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to hang in here on new updates

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
people to STOP the b!tching at Drew for the upgrade.
We're not bitching, we're discussing.

Where would Americans be today, if we were not willing to discuss, change and improve what we have?

rickf

ROTFLMAO!!! There ARE a few notable names I have not seen on here since the upgrade. I refer back to my post #29, Take it easy guys. You will never make everyone happy. Now, I have to take my 225 lb. 6'3" butt back and thank all the mods.rofl

Synonyms: apple-polisher, bootlicker, brownnoser, fawner, flunky (also flunkey or flunkie), lickspittle, suck-up, toady

Or from the Urban Dictionary,
minion
a loyal and unquestioning servent, (usualy small) who does whatever the master asks, no matter what the **** it is. A minion is not considered an equal to anyone is striped of all pride and joy and is repeatedly downtrodden molested and beaten.
my friend made his minion eat his own feet off to show its loyalty.

jaxsof

If anyone still really cares, FINICAL really is a word, and the financial information is only a small part of it. It does go back a few years(centurys) though. It just means particular and is the root for finicky

2cents

I find myself not spending as much time here either, but i believe its due more to content that having to adjust to the new scenery. Was a time I was guaranteed a belly-laugh any time I logged on. Seems now there is a lack of poking fun at ourselves. I miss the stories of getting stuck in the back yard. I am also beginning to see DH's side of the "use the search feature", too. I miss the old days when there were only 36000 of us, and we werent all so unhappy.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Where would Americans be today, if we were not willing to discuss, change and improve what we have?
If it looks like b1tching, sounds like b1tching and smell like b1tching guess what?

As for where Americans would be today. You have got be be kidding me, exactly where we are, that's where. Can't go any farther as I can't risk getting banned for my own b1tching....

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SO glad I checked out this thread. I changed girl friends a while and still having a hard time dealing with the changes, just like this site. The old one would save a slice of bacon for me when we had breakfast, the new one would yell at me if I touched her food. The old one liked to get up in the morning and do things, with clothes on.....the new one wants to lay in bed all day and do things.

I now need to order a side of bacon and tell folks I'm not available until noon. The change is so hard to get used to, different adventure everyday. I'm stepping up to the challenge though, I'm gonna ride this one out, take my licking's and conquer things however hard it gets.

I know that as soon as I get used to the new girlfriend.....Patracy or Cris are going to find some security, picture or profile issue to deal with and I'm going to need to lay in bed and eat bacon for another two weeks trying to figure out the changes. You kids just keep doin' what you're doin', I'll figure it out. Take your time.

Just like my good buddies and my last girlfriend......If Steel Soldiers.com needs to make changes......... I'll adapt and overcome because....... I got your six.

Thanks for producing such a great 'new' site. Really just Thankful you guys are here.......don't really care what it looks like or how it works, we can try and adapt.

Zout's really been a mentor out here, lots of you guys have......hopefully everyone comes around and we can focus on building trucks again.

3dAngus

Funny, I have no idea what you just said, but, it was well said.

Anyway, yeah, there is nothing here by way of change no one could adapt to. Most of the real stuff is behind the scenes where you will never see it.

It's for the big guys. I think I'll just go eat me a bacon sandwich now and take a break from all this. But I'm afraid I'll miss more of Archie Bunker if I do. :smile:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you PM me a picture of your new girlfriend or the bacon?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

A lot of it just sounds like whining to me. But since I don't have to read it, I won't. So whine away.

The site ->works. A lot better now. It is faster and is easier for my tired eyes to read.

I don't like change either but I get that it is often necessary.

I got used to the changes in the GL site and like it much better now.

Keep up the good work, Drew! I appreciate it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might I point out that bacon grease has a plethora of uses. You can cook with it too!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had meatloaf, reheated in a pan of bacon grease, for dinner.

Who's whining now?

lavarok

re: pm and attachments

Liability issues can easily be solved with terms of use and enforcing that users allowed to PM have agreed to the TOU.

I think as adults we should be allowed to decide what level of information we want to share with each other "privately", knowing full well its probably not secure and possibly subject to review.

I dont need anyone holding my hand on the internet......

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks