• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to install fast idle.

MLuper7

I heard that you can connect a switch somehow to the green wire in front of my intake manifold and that will give me fast idle. Anyone know how to do this? I've searched key words for a couple hours in the forums and I couldn't find anything. I'm still trying to get used to how things work here so I apologize if I'm wasting any ones time.

cliffyp

Supply the fast idle solenoid with12v and it will engage. Are you trying to put a switch in the cab and leave the stock system in place, or are you just trying to bypass the stock system?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364116102.417569.jpg

MLuper7

M1008 How do I install Fast Idle with a switch in the cab?

I want to put a switch in my cab so I can Turn it up in the winter. It has been converted to 12V from 24V. Any one have any ideas as to how I can make this happen?

panzerwillie

I done this 2 ways in my M1009 i used a throttle cable and connected to gas pedal and i just pull and lock it , the other was the M1010 i just unlpug the cold start selenoid wire on the IP and put a 12V supply with the a toggle switch and turn it on when i want fast idle just keep in mind you have to used it when first start cold hope this helps

MLuper7

I done this 2 ways in my M1009 i used a throttle cable and connected to gas pedal and i just pull and lock it , the other was the M1010 i just unlpug the cold start selenoid wire on the IP and put a 12V supply with the a toggle switch and turn it on when i want fast idle just keep in mind you have to used it when first start cold hope this helps
Thank you. I prefer to use the cable. Our M1151's are fitted with those and I like them. But finding a cable set up like it would be difficult I think. Thanks again.

panzerwillie

Any twist and lock cable will work lots of them for sale on internet like the ones used on dueces and 5 tons just need to fab some brackets and connect cable to top of the pedal ... the HMMWV are little hard to use i try thats why i when the other route

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next time you decide to just start a new thread(duplicate) DON'T, ask a moderator to either move it or delete it.

Cross posting is against the site rules (for several reasons).

I've merged the two threads so as to not waste the members time(that had posted on your thread).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks