• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to post a WTB M1010 in classified

chevymike

Hello all,

I am new to this site but not to the world of online forums (in about 15 different ones). I am trying to put a WTB ad for a M1010 in the classified area but for the life of me cannot find the link to start a new post. I have spent about 30 minutes clicking different things, reading and I am sure I am overlooking something simple.

Can someone help point me in the right direction to create this post?

Thanks for your time and sorry for such a 100% newbie question. :cookoo:

parlusk

it is right below the NOTE: Users may NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. These free classified ads are NOT to be used for commercial/business purposes.

chevymike

Thanks for that link. When I clicked it, I get a message that says I can't post until I have 5 posts. That explains it but it would have been easier had this was mentioned on that page too. :-D

Funny, I can't post looking to buy a vehicle that would then lead me to actually posting questions about the vehicle. Right now I have been reading a ton and don't have any questions that haven't been covered or won't come up until I actually buy one, which is what I am trying to do. Kind of a catch 22 if you know what I mean. LOL

Last edited:

67_C-30

Thanks for that link. When I clicked it, I get a message that says I can't post until I have 5 posts. That explains it but it would have been easier had this was mentioned on that page too. :-D

Funny, I can't post looking to buy a vehicle that would then lead me to actually posting questions about the vehicle. Right now I have been reading a ton and don't have any questions that haven't been covered or won't come up until I actually buy one, which is what I am trying to do. Kind of a catch 22 if you know what I mean. LOL

Just tell several people how purdy their trucks are and you'll have 5 posts quick!:driver::razz:

aspann

Wellcome to SS Mike. I was in San Diego awhile back, in fact, it was in 1958 when I went to boot camp. :D

hey chevymike, not sure your intentions once you get an M1010, but if your restoring it and need any of the ambulance kit from the back box, let me kno, i may be able to help you out... and btw, good choice, ive always wanted a 4x4 amby, and this turned out to be the best choice for our needs!

chevymike

I don't want to be flamed beyond belief but my reason for a M1010 is to build my camp rig. I currently use a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and a Kamparoo trailer and am trying to get to a single, self contained vehicle for our travels. I just about bought a 4x4 E350 Type 2 ambulance earlier this week but the wife was not comfortable with the lack of foot/leg room on the passenger side (being the engine is offset to the pass side). This led me to look at truck based setups versus a van based setup. Someone on Expedition Portal mentioned the M1010 and some Google searching, it seems like a great start for my needs. I am not a hard core rock crawler but I have definitely raised many eyebrows when they see our setup come wheeling thru an area others have problems getting thru.

Now it's just finding the right rig to start with...

Here's a pic of the current setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks