• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tucson to Nellis AFB and back, PICs

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of you said you wanted pics. Here they are.

5ton to Nellis, first stop was at castle bravo's to grab the drawbar. Then on to Nellis. I handed off some stuff to silverstate55 who is one **** if a good guy, then we hooked up the MK16 to the 5ton and I drove back. Roughly 400 miles each way. A lot of it is pretty steep by any reasonable measurement - 6-7% grade.

It was HOT. I mean unbelievably, pour water on yourself and sit on an ice block hot. Hot, as in it rained on me while I was asleep in the back of the truck and it was welcome....

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you give me a hard time about taking pics while driving, here's my justification:

1) I took them blind. Not looking at the phone, just point and click. For every one I got that's worth looking at I got 5 or 6 that aren't. Risk was minimal. Comparable to drinking a water while driving.

2) No other drivers anywhere near me. I feel entitled to the privilege to risk myself at my discretion, but not to risk others.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you made it back home OK, it was a scorcher once the sun came out!

Next time you can stay at my house, no need to sleep in your truck...hopefully you won't get anything else "liberated" from your truck overnight.

20150702_Nellis-Recovery_800px_01.jpg

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
We need to get additional lights installed on that truck. That way you drive at night when it isn't as hot. Glad you are home safe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks