• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tulsa winch?

rustystud

Never thought I'd see an 8274 on a deuce... That's a new one. I suppose it'll pull with enough snatch blocks.
At first I thought you where kidding. Then I went back and enlarged the picture. WOW ! Your right though about the snatch blocks, but you need to keep in mind the snatch block needs to be double the winch capacity. Also as you go with more snatch block each one needs to be double the capacity of the last one in succession. So the first one would be 16,000Ibs, then 32,000Ibs , then 64,000Ibs. By this time your out of line, and line capacity.

brian s

do the older ones have problems? i dont want to go through all this work if this a bad winch!! it was free so im not out anything
the back lash feels good on the worm gear. thanks for your input

68t

I got one of these on my halftrack, thousand were build for halftracks, They are trouble free and strong, replace oil seal, they will leak, Pto shaft fit on left side for halftrack, I also have a extra one

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
At first I thought you where kidding. Then I went back and enlarged the picture. WOW ! Your right though about the snatch blocks, but you need to keep in mind the snatch block needs to be double the winch capacity. Also as you go with more snatch block each one needs to be double the capacity of the last one in succession. So the first one would be 16,000Ibs, then 32,000Ibs , then 64,000Ibs. By this time your out of line, and line capacity.
This is ONLY true if you are using a cascading rigging, in normal snatch block rigging, (back and forth between point A and B) all the lines split the load, the cumulative pull would equal the needed pull, the ATTACHING point ON the pull needs to be able to take the FULL load of the pull, the same goes for the winch/snatch block/blocks. On a 2 part pull, the snatch block would needed to be rated for the pull due the the single snatch block attaching point, on a 4 part pull using 3 snatch blocks, each snatch block needs only be rated at 1/2 on the need pull. If the 4 part pull used a single snatch block (double sheave) then again the block would need the be rated for the pull due to the single attaching point.

68t

I got a extra winch, with the compete set up for a halftrack. . In your case , don,t know the pto you need, your tran, will need left side hook up. You can make up your own pto shaft.

rustystud

This is ONLY true if you are using a cascading rigging, in normal snatch block rigging, (back and forth between point A and B) all the lines split the load, the cumulative pull would equal the needed pull, the ATTACHING point ON the pull needs to be able to take the FULL load of the pull, the same goes for the winch/snatch block/blocks. On a 2 part pull, the snatch block would needed to be rated for the pull due the the single snatch block attaching point, on a 4 part pull using 3 snatch blocks, each snatch block needs only be rated at 1/2 on the need pull. If the 4 part pull used a single snatch block (double sheave) then again the block would need the be rated for the pull due to the single attaching point.
Yes the line (wire rope) is halved each time you add a new snatch block, but the block themselves must be able to handle the increase in pull. Also the angle of the lines makes a huge difference. There are some great PDF's for free download explaining all of this.

brian s

ok i got my winch and pto but now i need to get some linkage or make some does any one have a pic of the linkage so i know what i'm looking for or need to make?
Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks