• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tunnel Deck for Mounting Items?

PUCKER

Howdy y'all! I've got an '88 M998 with full interior (and exterior) bed liner treatment. I'd like to buy / build a Tunnel Deck / Plate for securely mounting items (storage boxes, pelican cases, etc.), maybe something with a modular setup? I'm not so worried about heat / insulation as the reason for the decking but for creating something that I can drill / tap / bolt into without creating "swiss cheese" of the existing tunnel. I'm thinking a 1/4" aluminum plate or something similar? I've seen setups where folks use plywood, wondered if there's already a really good solution out there without having to devise my own? Pic attached of my current setup. I've got a rather large pelican 1650 case that I'd like to add on a semi-permanent basis (need to figure out a quick-release/attachment setup while also being secure, that will probably be my "fun / firearms / ammo" box) or something similar along with a smaller box between driver and front passenger. Appreciate your ideas / input!

image.png

Loaf

How about molle panel? You can customize size, etc.

PUCKER

How about molle panel? You can customize size, etc.
That's pretty interesting, something to consider, thank you. Have you seen anything like my thoughts/design implemented with one of these panels? I'd want to make sure to actually bolt down the larger items (like pelican cases).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks