• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tunnel top and rear side insulation pads

rcamacho

My hmmwv is a 4 man hardtop conversion. Its missing the top tunnel insulation pads and the rear side tunnel pads. All other interior insulation appears to be complete.

What part numbers do I need?
Ordered 12340870 for the top front 1/2 cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My hmmwv is a 4 man hardtop conversion. Its missing the top tunnel insulation pads and the rear side tunnel pads. All other interior insulation appears to be complete.

What part numbers do I need?
Ordered 12340870 for the top front 1/2 cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use horse stall matting from your local tractor supply or farm store. It is around 3/4" thick and is slip resistant so you can lay stuff on it and it wont slide off. Plus it is fiberglass and rubber so it keeps the head down. Can cut temps below it by 10 degrees. The stock insulation that was there was just a board. It was called insulation but mostly just a board.

BLK HMMWV

There isn't a factory right rear piece ( Passenger side) that I know of at least I've never seen one . only the left (drivers side)
Some times there is a gunners platform and a piece of plywood cut out around it.
Sometimes it's just a big piece of plywood.
The rubber stall matt works well and can be cut to go around anything you may have bolted in the middle.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google a company called DB Engineering. They will send you a sample kit free. Nice stuff, looks just like what is in Humvees.

Southerneze

I purchased a 54x108x1/2 inch roll from this company a few years back. They manufactured the OEM whispermat for the HMMWV. They have the 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch in grey, tan, black and 383 green. They also sold complete kits. The only down side was no credit cards. I bought it to replace the tunnel board.
[FONT=&quot]
American Acoustical Products Inc. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]311 Hoppingbrook Rd. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Holliston, MA 01746 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](774) 233-7000 [/FONT]

http://www.aapusa.com/floormat.html

Action

I have a tunnel top pad from an H1. I think it is wagon length and shaped to fit around the doghouse and shifter. It has a textured top and maybe 1/2" - 3/4" of foam. 6003157

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks