• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo and A/C?

BTC70

My 1028 is about to get a frame-off and I would like it to have a turbo and A/C when done . . . and I'd also like to keep the 24 volt starting system. I've been looking at threads and it seems doable, but tricky. Before things get started, is there anything that I'll need to know about products that will not work together or fabrication that will have to be done to make things work.

I'd like to use a standard civilian version A/C and controls with a Banks turbo. If not, maybe the Nostalgic Air Parts system?

BTC70

i put a turbo kit om my 1009 and in the process of putting A/C will do a thread when finish, i do have a similar turbo
kit if intrested pm me :p
I'd be very interested in what sort of issues you encounter and if you manage to get the turbo and A/C to live together. Are you having to convert to 12 volt and lose a battery to make room?

panzerwillie

Is 24volts and mounted both alternators on the Pass side with the main bracket from a m1010 and fab the adjusters
and hold down brackets, sure if you converter to 12 volt is easier, and all you need is the driverside a/c comp brckets from a M1010 or any civic vehicle:p
IMAG0442.jpg

superburban

An easy kluge is to us the a/c evaporator box out of an S10 pickup. I hear that they bolt up to (a civilian K-series') firewall, and allow the needed clearance for the turbo and exhaust components. I dont know yet, but I'm installing a 6.5 turbo onto my 86 K10, so I've read a bunch about this on thedieselplace.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks