• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Boost Gauge

Billy Bobbed

I finally got to put my new turbo boost gauge on today.The gauge only goes to 10 pounds of boost.I didnt think it would go past 10,well it does.If you look at the top of the gauge there is a 20,it will almost hit it at 2200 RPMs.The 20 is from the vacuum side.The left side is vacuum,the right side is boost.I think its putting out 15 plus of boost.What gets me is I have a C turbo.I turned the fuel up 2 weeks ago.For a 10,000 pound truck it really moves now sence I turned the IP up.Now I have to buy a bigger boost gauge to see what its really putting out.From what ive read on here these turbos only put out 8 to 9 pounds of boost.The gauge is a Stewart Warner.I used cooper tubing from an old oil gauge.What do you guys think.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you need to install a pyrometer to measure your EGTs. Your borderline safe, with 15 psi. With a good load, you will be too hot.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Can't you just put the boost line to the other side of the gauge? I don't have a boost gauge so I don't know.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have to let off the throttle, you are turned up too much(especially if your talking about a short deuce with no load in it).

Billy Bobbed

If you have to let off the throttle, you are turned up too much(especially if your talking about a short deuce with no load in it).
The only time I let up is when Im climbing a steep hill,or when I have my foot to the floor to get up to speed fast.When Im driving 55 my EGTS are 900 to 950.If I drive it right it wont hit 1050 EGT going thru the gears.I dont use it for hauling that much.All I do is drive it back and forth to work.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A "C" turbo will give you 20 PSI with enough fuel added. But you will soon end up with little chunks of head gasket allover the firewall. Please don't ask how i know this!!! You might wan't to drop the fuel rate just a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks