• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo check

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What indicates that it is not working?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking boost gauge here.
Chapter 2 section 4 of the TM 9-2320-361-20 has engine troubleshooting.
Also refer to TM 9-2815-210-34-1 for troubleshooting maps for the multifuel.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a C turbo or D turbo? Not all Deuces have Whistler Turbos. The C's are the Whistler Turbos, the D's are Non-Whistler. It has been said the D's are more durable than the C Turbos.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also pull the inlet pipe off of the turbo and see if the shaft spins freely (truck off - of course).

You can also idle it until warm and shut it down, then listen for the turbo as it spools down.

rustystud

Turbo's are really simple units. So I would take the pipes off the intake and exhaust sides and physically inspect it for damage. Also check for movement in the shaft. It should have a few thousandths play but not more. If the vanes are not damaged and you see no signs of oil leaking, then I would bet your turbo is fine. Then I would inspect the exhaust side for leaks and then the intake side for leaks. If the pressure is leaking off you will have the same effect as a bad turbo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks