• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo exchange

marksgarage2

Turbo exchange all most complete. Both turbos were removed and shipped to each other. I got mine wed and installed it today. Runs great and got the whistle I wanted. Took it for a test drive and seems to have a little more bottom end power.

We both agreed to do this even though we never met or talked on the phone even. I am on many boards with my toys, but I would only do this on this one. Great bunch of people. Mark

rdixiemiller

I tend to trust MV collectors more than most other people. We seem to be a rather close knit group that maintains contact over the years. Glad you are pleased with your turbo, hope to get mine on this weekend.
Looking forward to no whistle!
I may take the muffler off after I install the D turbo!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of Turbos, the LDS engine has a dang "C" turbo on it. Sorry Robert. At least I have a spare now.

rdixiemiller

marksgarage2 said:
Too late Robert, I all ready tested my batterys with a 5/8 wrench on the solenoid! They seemed to be fully charged!
Yeah, I got in there and noticed the solenoid was goung to be awfully close to my wrenches, so I dropped the battery cables.

The D turbo works great! So much quieter! My co-pilot (11 yr old daughter) approves.
I drilled and tapped the manifold for a pyrometer while I was in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks