• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo for M35a2

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for a turbo for my Deuce the on it is blowing oil out the exhust and from what I learned on steelsoldiers the seals are gone. motor runs great just blowing oil as soon as you start it.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C turbo on ebay-whistler. I assume you do not have a turbo on your engine. If not you will require a number of mounting parts.

FreightTrain

Banned
If you turbo is blowing oil DO NOT RUN IT PERIOD!You will end up with a runaway where the engine runs off motor oil.Will rev outta control and sling parts out the side.Only way to shut it down is to Quickly open the hood,remove the filter can,and put a board or something solid and flat over the hole.

aboonski

Interesting perspective about shutting down the motor. I would probably put the transmission in high gear and let out the clutch with my foot on the brakes to stop the motor but that might burn out the clutch - what do you think? I never even thought about this situation but it is nice to know in case this happens! Let's hear from Kenny!

Stan45

Another trick to shut down a Diesel runaway is to hit it with a Co2 Fire Extinguisher. Just aim it at the air cleaner intake. The Co2 takes away the oxygen killing combustion. I saw a mechanic do this one time at a repair shop. It killed the engine but didn’t leave a mess.

Stan45

Another trick to shut down a Diesel runaway is to hit it with a Co2 Fire Extinguisher. Just aim it at the air cleaner intake. The Co2 takes away the oxygen killing combustion. I saw a mechanic do this one time at a repair shop. It killed the engine but didn’t leave a mess.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can you take a picture of your turbo and post it. That way we can tell you the type both for ensuring you get the right parts and for your future knowledge.

rottiedog

I have oil coming out of the tube next to the turbo. I thought it was normal...... Why else would there be a drain tube? (that is what I was thinking...)

So, it's bad? Seals can't be replaced? Need new turbo??

that sucks!!!

How much oil out of the tube is bad?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
there should be two tubes to the turbo, one with oil under pressure and the other one is the drain back, if the turbo is puking oil out the exhaust the exhaust seal is bad, if the air intake side seal is bad ,it will suck motor oil and burn it as fuel, either way you can suck motor oil out at fast rate if ether seal takes a dump this means that you run the motor OUT OF OIL

rottiedog

there should be two tubes to the turbo, one with oil under pressure and the other one is the drain back, if the turbo is puking oil out the exhaust the exhaust seal is bad, if the air intake side seal is bad ,it will suck motor oil and burn it as fuel, either way you can suck motor oil out at fast rate if ether seal takes a dump this means that you run the motor OUT OF OIL

Ok, so oil out of the little tube = good
oil out of the exhaust stack = bad

is that right??

thanks,
Mike

sorry for hijacking the post..... but it is the same subject.....

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YES, oil can also be comming from a bad cylinder, are you sure its oil not fuel comming out of the stack

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
pull the turbo, if it is wet on the motor side the oil is comming from the motor but if is dry there and wet on the exhaust side , its the turbo. if it is the turbo be real carefull running because as i said you can suck the motor oil real quick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks