• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Intake Hose Hump (coupler) Dimensions ???

ctappan94

and if you have the dimensions from the intake pipe to the turbo itself (the coupling), that'd be incredibly helpful too. I can't measure my own because they literally are THAT dry rotted..

brianp454

I would recommend removing what's left of your hoses and measure the outer diameter of all of the connection points, which will also give you an over-estimate of the size of hose (internal diameter) that will fit properly. Generally, hoses should go on just a bit snug. I think you'll find that for all of the extra time and energy, plus the potential of not being assured of a clean fix; you're likely better off buying it for the surplus guys and forgetting about it for another 25 years or so.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

So, let me get this straight......you have a truck with the parts that need new hose.......you have a tape measure.......WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?!?!

I'm not trying to be a smart A-- but you asked the question......you find it easier to just sit and type asking someone else to measure the pipes for you?

Just cause I am that kind of a NICE guy, I walked out for you and measured the same S--T you could have.......the air cleaner side is 3 1/2" reduced to 3" for the pipe.......the other end of the pipe at the turbo is 2 3/4"(both sides)...........

Now try not to strain yourself sitting there and shopping for the hose you need.........I have built a few turbo cars and made many custom intakes and can tell you....the $30 they want for the right hose isn't that bad.....it is a reducer after all.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to be cheap, go to Lowe's, Ace, or Home Depot and buy a fernco coupling for sewer pipe.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This new thing called the internet is awesome.

I simply typed in the part number and hose, and found it available for less than $13(in 2 minutes or less). http://saturnsurplus.com/m35/m35-98.html

Am I the only one that knows about the internet?

brianp454

Yes, three cheers for Al Gore, inventor of the internet. HIP-HIP-HOORAY! HIP-HIP-HOORAY! HIP-HIP-HOORAY!

Can I have dibs on putting your Elvis toast on eBay? Likely worth a mint! Yust kidding, everyone knows it would have to be Justin Beeber to be worth much nowadays...

This new thing called the internet is awesome.

I simply typed in the part number and hose, and found it available for less than $13(in 2 minutes or less). http://saturnsurplus.com/m35/m35-98.html

Am I the only one that knows about the internet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks