• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo kit for a 6.2?

dhaumann69166

I have been looking into twin turbo set ups on 6.2L. I don’t see any way yet to retain the stock air intake but there a lot of the twins on civilian rigs that look like they could be made to fit a humvee. Not going to be easy but there is enough space under the hood to custom build a set up. Don’t know if anyone has thought about doing remote mount turbos on the Humvee? I remember it was a really popular setup on Camaro and firebirds but I don’t know if it has ever been attempted on a humvee or any 4x4. Might not have room for the return pipe.

1995H1

I have been looking into twin turbo set ups on 6.2L. I don’t see any way yet to retain the stock air intake but there a lot of the twins on civilian rigs that look like they could be made to fit a humvee. Not going to be easy but there is enough space under the hood to custom build a set up. Don’t know if anyone has thought about doing remote mount turbos on the Humvee? I remember it was a really popular setup on Camaro and firebirds but I don’t know if it has ever been attempted on a humvee or any 4x4. Might not have room for the return pipe.
Twins on a 6.2?! Not sure it could handle it....maybe a p400 with twins, but that’s a high dollar build. The beauty seen from our “bag of bolts” 6.2/6.5 are they are cheap. I’m looking at a 6.5 with side mount. It will fit but just need to get some cheap parts to figure things out. As far as the stock are intake, I’ve yet to see anyone try to stand it up to free up some space.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see this thread ended in 2018 and am wondering: now that Banks discontinued their 6.2L kits, what are my alternatives to turbo-charge my M1008? If any?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a turbo upgrade kit advertised on this very HMMWV forum,
Left column of the page.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a turbo upgrade kit advertised on this very HMMWV forum,
Left column of the page.
Right! Thanks! Yes I have seen it and their kits are like $4K plus. Contacted them to inquire if their 6.2 kit could be adapted to CUCV's but as yet no reply. Will follow-up with their answer.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right! Thanks! Yes I have seen it and their kits are like $4K plus. Contacted them to inquire if their 6.2 kit could be adapted to CUCV's but as yet no reply. Will follow-up with their answer.
Seems you could use the stock 6.5L side mount in a CUCV, should be in junks yards everywhere.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a CUCV or a HMMWV vehicle. CUCV have their own forum where you will find better options for a non-HMMWV.

Unless you’re doing tractor pulls with three or four linked P400’s, why would you ever need a twin turbo on a Detroit Diesel?????

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks