• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Maps for 5 Ton

m139h2otruck

Anyone have the turbo maps for the 5 ton turbo off a multifuel? Would it work on a 2½ ton multi? Just got one cheap, and was wondering if you could change them out, boost the fuel and get more power. Second thought was to use it on a 5 ton gasser in a blow through setup. Just want a low pressure (5-7 psi) help for the gasser.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Was that the one on Ebay that went for around $40? I was watching it and thought about bidding on it but need other things. It should bolt right up to the exhaust manifold, you'll just have to get a 5 ton flame heater housing/intake elbow that attaches the turbo to the intake manifold. Ive always wondered what power differences a 5 ton turbo would make. Keep us posted.

DrFoster

I have both maps... well, like 5 maps, I'll need your ID numbers off of the intake housing of the turbocharger to send you the proper data...

--- your friendly neighborhood turbocharged Doc ---

m139h2otruck

Map for 5 ton

The turbo I just got has the folloeing #'s:

Serial # 4LE-354/lo667-121
Part # 1094518 4

Made by Schwitzer of Indianapolis

Thanks for any help you can give.

mo-mudder

I've heard of a couple guys over in the g503 forum that have used 5 ton turbos on the 2 1/2 ton engines, but the head gasket becomes the weak link. I was thinking of maybe contacting fel-pro to get a a sheet of their heavy duty gasket material, then cutting all the necessary holes in it to help keep the compression in the cylinders, but then I guess the weak link becomes either the rings or the injectors. All depends on just how much money and effort you wanna throw at it. If I found one cheap enough with no wngine, I'd probably just get a 5.9 Cummins and bomb it.