• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Maps for 5 Ton

m139h2otruck

Anyone have the turbo maps for the 5 ton turbo off a multifuel? Would it work on a 2½ ton multi? Just got one cheap, and was wondering if you could change them out, boost the fuel and get more power. Second thought was to use it on a 5 ton gasser in a blow through setup. Just want a low pressure (5-7 psi) help for the gasser.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Was that the one on Ebay that went for around $40? I was watching it and thought about bidding on it but need other things. It should bolt right up to the exhaust manifold, you'll just have to get a 5 ton flame heater housing/intake elbow that attaches the turbo to the intake manifold. Ive always wondered what power differences a 5 ton turbo would make. Keep us posted.

DrFoster

I have both maps... well, like 5 maps, I'll need your ID numbers off of the intake housing of the turbocharger to send you the proper data...

--- your friendly neighborhood turbocharged Doc ---

m139h2otruck

Map for 5 ton

The turbo I just got has the folloeing #'s:

Serial # 4LE-354/lo667-121
Part # 1094518 4

Made by Schwitzer of Indianapolis

Thanks for any help you can give.

mo-mudder

I've heard of a couple guys over in the g503 forum that have used 5 ton turbos on the 2 1/2 ton engines, but the head gasket becomes the weak link. I was thinking of maybe contacting fel-pro to get a a sheet of their heavy duty gasket material, then cutting all the necessary holes in it to help keep the compression in the cylinders, but then I guess the weak link becomes either the rings or the injectors. All depends on just how much money and effort you wanna throw at it. If I found one cheap enough with no wngine, I'd probably just get a 5.9 Cummins and bomb it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks