• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo on cucv?

Draco-87

Hey guys i have a question for you. My cucv is an 85 and has only 24,000 miles on it and i was wondering about instaling a Banks sidewinder turbo on it. good idea? or is there some thing i should do to the engine? or is this a bad idea? any help would be appreciated!

bearboley

Heads aren't the problem the headgaskets are the weak link, as mentioned about keep boost low and you will be fine. Most military 6.2 I've seen Had the later style heads and the short injectors if that is the case a stock 6.5 turbo, intake and crossover pipe would be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks