• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Options 6.2

DieselFanatic

I am just wanting the sound from the turbo. I do not care about added power, just want that whistle when taking it out in the summer. What turbo do you guys think I should go with?

Barrman

You have two basic options for adding a turbo to a square body Chevy with a 6.2 or 6.5 engine. Banks or GM. here is a video about it and what is good about each:

Reactions: NDT

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The GM4 to GM8 series turbos don't really whistle that much. While they certainly add some power, they can also become a restriction for the gear bound trucks like the M1008/1028/1031. I've got a HX40 that I'm going to swap onto mine eventually. But that'll come after the 4l80 swap. I probably will add in a intercooler I have as well.

nyoffroad

If you want a real loud blower type sound just replace the stock fan and clutch with a direct bolt on flex fan and put it on backwards. Don't ask, but it did sound like a blower!

Barrman

True, neither the Banks or the GM turbo units will whistle like a M35A2 C model turbo as for what can be heard from the drivers seat. However, they both do make turbo sounds at the tail pipe for people next to the vehicle.

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever considered running a single exhaust and plumbing in a remote turbo from the rear? Just asking…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks