• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo photos

FreightTrain

Banned
Can someone give me some good photos of their turbo setups?The Blue print crap with the kits I have are next to worthless.Want something real to go by and make sure I am doing it right.....especially the slobber tube which at this point don't look like it is going to work.....hits the Flame heater stuff.

FreightTrain

Banned
Thanks.I guess the slobber tube hits or gets real close to hitting the injector for the Flame heater.Tempted to just rip all that out and plug the holes.I have NEVER used my flame heater.Maybe use one of the holes for Propane injection.

m35a2cowner

copper tube

What is the copper tube that is going to the draft tube in some of the pictures? Something to do with a fording kit? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: copper tube

Nah,It is a breather tube for something.I think fuel tank.Not sure.My truck has it and it sure wasn't a fording deuce when I got it.I think both the Fuel tank and the Brake master cylinder both vented to the Slobber tube until they found out the fuel fumes would back up into the brake breather line and do damage to teh seals.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: copper tube

FT and Kelly are right on the money. Now as far as the draft tube, it does bolt to the bottom of the turbo once everything is in place. If you have not removed the bolt, it will make the tube stand off and thats probably where you are getting your interference.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are welcome Jeff.

Some of the "extra" features on these vehicles is what makes it special to own one, blackout lights, soft tops, removable doors, fuel density compensator, flame heater, means to waterproof the engine, flip-up wind shield, passenger seat that doubles as a stand for a machine gunner and more.
The flame heater nozzle is prone to leak and if you do keep it installed with fuel lines attached, make sure it doesn't (leak).

Banshee365

Yea, the bottom of the draft tube mounts to the outside fastner holding the oil drain tube flange to the Turbo. The 3D diagram is a big difficult to understand but very usefull. The thing that was hardest for me was to see what to cut. You have to cut some of the apron away then secure it with a backet. Then you'll have to cut the stack hole in the fender a little biggger too.

-Kelly

FreightTrain

Banned
thanks guys.Helped a lot.Now do you have a picture of where the exhaust exits the engine compartment and the Jpipe area?Also the stack that shows where the brackets go.The Turbo install kit blue print was great but the Clean air kit print sucks.

FreightTrain

Banned
Thanks.....that REALLY helped.I was sitting there looking at the pile of green parts and looking at the poorly drawn paper thinking where the Freak and what the heck are these things......Not to mention wanting to know where the designer of all deuce and the drawer of the prints was so I could go kick their arse.......

Deuceswild

FrieghtTrain,

My engine used to be N/A and when I added the turbo and new exhaust I had to " massage " the section of the inner fender a little bit to accommodate the larger OD pipe to allow it to pass through, also had to open up the hole in the front fender where the J pipe goes through.

Hope this helps,
Jeff.

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,Crap.Looks like either my bracket ain't right or there is a N/A and Turbo West Coast Mirror.My bracket hits the west coast bracket.Plus it doesn't look like yours.It appears longer and has a taper towards the end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks