• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Repair

rustystud

I have some interesting news today. I have a "C" turbo that had a bad impeller. The vanes bit the sides of the housing due to bad bearings. I took it down to a Marine Diesel shop in Seattle where I knew the shop foreman. I asked if there was anyway he could touch-up the vanes. At that time he said no, it was junk. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I get a call from my friend and he says there is this company that has a proprietary process on "welding" new material on the vanes ! I never heard of such a thing in all my years as a mechanic. He wanted to send my impeller to them and see what they could do with such a damaged unit. Well it came back today from the shop all pretty and new like and balanced for only $75.00 ! So I will be assembling my turbo (already bought a rebuild kit) and see how it performs.

Damaged vanes.

036.jpg034.jpg

Repaired Vanes.
026.jpg028.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welded and balanced for only $75? Thats a steal!

I'm guessing spun balanced, but not sure.(the whistle is them going supersonic I was told)

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty, to my old eyes it looks like a good repair. Keep us posted as you get it back together and running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks