• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo reqs

jag7720

I am buying a banks turbo take off and i have a question for anyone that has actually put a banks turbo on their truck.

I am getting all the parts but what I need to know is what has to be done to the exhaust?

What I mean is, once all the parts are on will this system simply tap into the existing stock exhaust or am I going to have to run a new single pipe to the rear? If so what size?

Thanks

K45

Of the banks kits I have seen they come with an exhaust system with the turbo. Realistacally if it does not come with it the only section affected is the passenger side. Driver side is untouched.

banks_sidewinder_chevy_62_82-93.jpg

m4A1

The driver side manifold stays, passenger side is replaced along with the whole exhaust system from the turbo back. You can try to tap into the dual exhaust but you will have to fab a Y and engineer the connections.

JohnFire

It is the other way around m4A1, I can take a pic tommorrow if the weather is nice. The driver side exhaust come across the front of the engine, and feeds the turbo, and then connects in with the passenger side. I will look just to make sure, and take some pics too.

Ten_Bucks

I had a Banks turbo on a civilian K5 with the 6.2L in it and I had a local muffler shop make a Y pipe where the muffler was supposed to be(mufflers are overrated on a turbodiesel) and they split the exhaust into dual 2.5" pipe exiting straight out the back under the rear bumper into a set of those 4" exhaust tips that have the 45 degree cut at the end which is a popular style of exhaust tip with the gasoline engine crowd. It sounded great and having the exhaust exit straight out the back gave me the ability to give tailgaters a soot blast when it was absolutely necessary.

Scott

m4A1

The Driverside exhaust manifold will connect to your crossover pipe which connects to the passengerside manifold. Your exhaust after the turbo will have to be redone.