• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo setup from 2001 express van

2mas-

Hi,

Can this turbo setup be transfered over to my 6.5GEP engine? Is it plug and play or does it need some tuning with higher diesel pressure etc? From a 2001 express van

van 2001 engine 2.jpgVan 2001 engine1.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s correct, center mounted rear turbo...but you will need DB2 injection pump and loose all the 12volt stuff.
plus if you want it Military, all the correct serpitine setup and 200amp gen and mount.
as well as new correct HO water pump

dhaumann69166

How easy it is going to be depends on how good of a mechanic and fabricator you are. Projects that some find to be simple might look daunting and impossible to others. Body work on vehicles always seemed like something way out of my league but after tearing into a vehicle and replacing cab mounts and body supports I now realize it’s easy. As long as you have the patience anything is possible.
As far as the swap none of your electrical from the van will work unless your HMMWV has been converted to 12v. Glow plugs will need swapped which is simple. Is the van motor full mechanical or fuel injected? I would think if the van motor is full mechanical you should be able to swap the heads, exhaust, fuel pump and other related parts. There will be little things like throttle linkage and kick down cable that will be different.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And a turbo eng. harness.
If its a GM block...good luck.
GEP block much better

dhaumann69166

Duramax or Cummins. I have read that the Cummins swap is a lot easier and cheaper option than the duramax and it takes a lot less fabrication to fit. Not saying the Cummins is better or worse just an easier fit. If the 6.5 turbo swap seems like more than you want to tackle then I don’t know how bad you want to try a complete conversion. There are companies that make complete kits for the HMMWV to do a Cummins/Allison swap. They come with EVERYTHING including wiring harness that will plug right into the humvee, all the motor and tranny mounts, adapter plate to go Cummins to Allison, exhaust, and more.
http://www.bigdogoffroad.com/product/cummins-conversion-kit/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks