• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo setup on a 6.2 (hot side)

bob69302

Good evening!
I have a question about the hot side on this turbo. To me it seems like there is some Y connector that is missing to connect each exhaust manifold to the hot side of the turbo. Then it seems like there is some connector missing for the exhaust of the hot side to connect to the factory exhaust, where the factory Y connector connects before the muffler off the N/A exhaust manifoldsturbo setup.jpg.

I believe the intake will fit, I know I need short injectors, I'm not worried about cold side plumbing. I know I will need to fab up oil return and supply. Again not worried about that.

Any pictures or line drawings of a turbo'ed hmmwv would he great. I've tried searching and Google but have failed.

Hope I'm not flamed! Thank you all.

dilvoy

You actually have an extra flex connector there so you have all you need. Just flip the turbo over and you will see where the exhaust connections are. Have you installed turbo heads onto your 6.2. If you haven't you need to get them or you will not be able to mount those intake manifolds.

bob69302

[=Dilvoy;1807789]You actually have an extra flex connector there so you have all you need. Just flip the turbo over and you will see where the exhaust connections are. Have you installed turbo heads onto your 6.2. If you haven't you need to get them or you will not be able to mount those intake manifolds.[/QUOTE]

No I have not installed turbo heads. I was reading that the turbo intake will fit 6.2 heads, but also people say they won't. Different bolt angles. Maybe I try to clock the turbo and still use the factory 6.2 Tarantula style intake?
Also I have not bought these parts yet. Just planning the project now.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heads are different...bolt angle.
If you put turbo heads on a used eng., might screw it up...maybe weak rings...then you got to rebuild it.
I might have access to a re-built GEP 6.5 turbo eng. soon.

dilvoy

I have new turbo heads in their original crates. These are for the top mount turbo which is the only way to realistically turbo the Detroit engine in the Humvee body.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You cannot use that turbo on a non/turbo block....the turbo block has an oil supply hole and mount cast into the rear of the block to mount that turbo....you can make a turbo block NA, but you can't make an NA block turbo....

bob69302

You cannot use that turbo on a non/turbo block....the turbo block has an oil supply hole and mount cast into the rear of the block to mount that turbo....you can make a turbo block NA, but you can't make an NA block turbo....
That's a game changer... Thank you! I know the motor was replaced right before I bought it and on the block, in front of the passenger side head has GM 6.2L case into the block. So I'm assuming I won't have the oil hole or turbo mount?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a game changer... Thank you! I know the motor was replaced right before I bought it and on the block, in front of the passenger side head has GM 6.2L case into the block. So I'm assuming I won't have the oil hole or turbo mount?
Correct.

tage

I have tapped pressurized oil galley's to run turbos on chevy 5.3/6.0 truck engines. I'm not going to play forced induction on my hmmwv due to the fact I have no use for it, but I bet my lunch money that you can engineer a n/a block to run a turbo. It's all time, and a good welder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks