• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo spool down

Status
Not open for further replies.

historyfanatics

Being rather new to the deuce world, I have a question I hope that the more informed can help me with.

After driving a deuce for a long enough period to get the temperature up, when I stop for the evening, do I need to idle the truck to drop the temp, or can I shut down without having to do so?

gunboy1656

Normally I would say read the TM....or read the data plate.

But I am in a good mood, so I will just say yes you need to let it cool, before shutting down.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is covered in the -10 basic operators manual.

Should also be on your dash.

Are you familiar with the Tech Manuals?

Try reading the Deuce wiki(at the top of the page in the deuce forum), it lists all the TMs that cover the truck, from the basics(like how to operate the light switch) to how to fix your brakes.

Speaking of brakes, before you drive again, have you checked your brake fluid, and do you know that is should use DOT5 brake fluid?

historyfanatics

Normally I would say read the TM....or read the data plate.

But I am in a good mood, so I will just say yes you need to let it cool, before shutting down.
I would read the data plate, except that the info is not there. Makes it kind of difficult.

As for the manual, perhaps that page is missing, or I didn't see it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for the manual, perhaps that page is missing, or I didn't see it.
It's still there.

Deuce FAQ Article Mangus was supposed to change that title back to WIKI. It says wiki when you open the link.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked at your "homepage", and found it kinda funny that you have this posted on your website.
So, using information from both the Army's Technical Manual and other sources, History Fanatics will attempt to "educate" you about this truck.

You have been a member here since 2008, have you been here much since you joined?

Last edited:

historyfanatics

I just looked at your "homepage", and found it kinda funny that you have this posted on your website.

So, using information from both the Army's Technical Manual and other sources, History Fanatics will attempt to "educate" you about this truck.
Like I said earlier, must have missed the page.

I don't drive for a living, and merely wanted some clarification. Turbo-diesels are a new thing for me. I have read lots of manuals, and found out that some fo the stuff is correct, and some isn't. I wanted to find out iform the folks who have more experience in these matters if I am doing something wrong, so I can correct it before doing damage.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There should be a plate telling you to warm the turbo for 5 minutes and cool down after use for 5 minutes.
Not all the trucks have these plates. In fact, clintogf and I currently have 8 and I think only one of them has the plate (her whistler gun ring truck).

C

needhotrod

Yea my trucks dash has nothing about letting it idle before shutdown nor do most of my friends trucks i would not even know what the plate looks like before because i have never seen one

historyfanatics

What does my join date have to do with my question?

I came out of jeeps, and just recently acquired a deuce. Just tryint to learn without screwing something up.

And, if I don't have a plate to reference, it makes it rather difficult to reference.

Perhaps I could ask you about the inner workings of a coring bit, or how to move 10 Gigs of power through a residential area without disruption. make you look pretty stupid, huh?

Rathier than getting sarcastic and rude, why not nudge in a more positive way? I have been fortunate to meet some pretty great people through this forum. But, some of the people on here are not worth my time or energy.

I ask because I don't know. If I knew the answer, why would I need to ask the question?

And, yes, I still go back to school to learn about things I already know. It's so I can learn the latest or a different process.

As for the information contained on my website, I deal with a lot of different entities who don't have the time or inclilnation to reference the sources contained in this forum. So, to make matters easier for them to understand, I state things in a somewhat simplified manner. Perhaps I should do that for certain members here, as well.

Don't worry about censuring me. You won't see me on this forum any more. I'll go elsewhere to obtain my knowledge.

Parker2

You have been a member here since 2008, have you been here much since you joined?

So are you an MP or something? Chill out. It was a legitimate question for someone with little experience and as you were checking him out you should have noticed he's only posted 40 something times. So I would think he hasn't been to active since 08. Lets try and not run our members off.

I would also like to point out that a lot of times when I do a search I come up with thread after thread of people saying do a search or check this before asking questions. If people would just answer the question we would probably have more info instead of dead threads with "do a search" stated over and over.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said earlier, must have missed the page.

I don't drive for a living, and merely wanted some clarification. Turbo-diesels are a new thing for me. I have read lots of manuals, and found out that some fo the stuff is correct, and some isn't. I wanted to find out iform the folks who have more experience in these matters if I am doing something wrong, so I can correct it before doing damage.
So what information in the deuce TM's is incorrect ?

wikallen

way to treat a new guy. Maybe he joined in 2008 to see a picture attachment. Either way, it was a simple and legit question he asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.