• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo to NA

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's involved with getting a turbo 6.5 and turning it into a NA engine? I'm not wanting to hunt conversion parts and modify my M1045A2; trying to keep it simple.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mogman is on target…

Different heads. Different exhaust manifold. Different exhaust. Different air intake with different bolt angles making the turbo heads useless. Probably different injection pump and injectors. Probably different air intake plumbing.

That’s off the top of my head.

Easier to lift the truck 1”-2” and add a turbo engine.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can’t really…at least not an OEM center rear mounted turbo.
I do in fact have an after market turbo here for sale if at all interested…it’s a commander 6500 kit removed from a customers truck because he went
with a different motor. It’s mfg by BMI, a page sponso here on SS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks