• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo

hobie237

Or grab a whole setup off of a 6.5.

If you're willing to pay "quite a bit," the $2-3000 for a brand new setup off the interwebz is the easy way to go, no question.

jag7720

To anyone the responded to my turbo call... My guy had the turbo in the back of his truck ready to bing it to me and someone stole it. I hate thieves!

Thanks for all the interest ....

hobie237

banks turbo kits are nice but expensive

What do they run? I thought they were around $2000-$2500- that's pretty darn cheap compared to turbo kits on other cars. A stripped-down turbo kit for my Miata runs $2000 or so, mid-range turbo setup (where I'd want to start off) is in the $3000-$3500 range, and a high-end setup with standalone management is in the $5000+ range.

hobie237

I've seen them online for $1800-$2500ish, depending on the website, what sales they're running, etc. Even from the most expensive outlets, they're still cheap, relatively speaking.

hobie237

There is at least one other CUCV/Miata owner, and at least one other person who previously owned a Miata and now owns a CUCV.

Anyway, my Miata will outrun my buddy's Mustang. He's got a 302, 4.10s, exhaust and intake. :D

IRWFO

Have you ever heard that joke, "Driving a Miata is like riding a Moped. It's fun while you are doing it but your embarrassed when your friends see you." :p

hobie237

Yes, I've heard about every Miata joke known to man. People stopped saying anything in person, though, after I went to the drag strip with some friends, and sent them all home in shame. :D Now they won't even take me up on my invitations to go to the track for a rematch, but I suppose the 10psi upgrade that I installed since the last time isn't helping my case...