• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbocharger flange gasket

Deuceswild

Started a new project today,, Turbocharger ( 1C ) installation :D :D :D
one of the last things i did before the weather turned sour was remove the old turbo flange gasket from the Ex. manifold.
Needless to say, it is toast, the center divider is completely burnt away as the engine was N/A, hence, no support under the dividing part of the gasket, anyhow, my question is this.
The original turbo flange gasket seems to be made from several thin layers of steel laminated together. I have purchased Fel-Pro bulk Exhaust gasket material, Product name,Pro-Ramic, part # 2499 and have used this material on non turbocharged engines, Perkins, Izuzu, kubota with great success. The material is laminted with a perforated steel core and the outer case is similar to a typical header gasket.
Has anyone used anything other than an OE turbo flange gasket :?:
Thanks, Jeff

Deuceswild

Jed,
When I seperated the 45 degree elbow from the Ex. manifold the gasket was stuck to the manifold and after I removed it I found that it was the style for the turbo model.
Jeff.

Deuceswild

Jed,
Tag reads as follows, White engine Inc. / Hercules engine division.
LD 465 1C
Went through last rebuild in'89 but no indication that the engine was touched.
Jeff.

SixBuy

Was NAPA able to look it up as a White/Hercules/Continental or LDT-465 part or is there a cross #. My Napa distribution center has been hiring counter people with NO experience. If you don't have a number, you don't get it! Period!

Deuceswild

SixBuy,

I ended up ordering it through Memphis Equipment and as it turns out they sent the one with the open center, not like the one pictured above.
Jeff.