• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn it up/ performance ?

CUCVinterceptor

m1008, so i have a 3 inch dual exhaust, i am too broke for a turbo or riggin a 6.5 turbo up. i was wondering about turning the pump up but it has 75,000 miles and i was afraid of blowing it up or meltin the aluminum pistons.

i am thinking of making a custom cold air intakes w/ a K/N cone filter.

Possibly turning it up (it blew smoke before exhaust, too much fuel, now it blows none after exhaust, not enough fuel)

i have heard rumors of bigger throttle body? type things for it but never seen any

i had to put 2 transmission coolers on it because when towing or long hauls i would lose 3rd gear when transmission overheated, no problems anymore.

anyone have any problems out theirs too,mainly common ones, i am welcoming all advice and opinions on these subjects, i have 1 of 2 , 6.2 diesels in my town so no-one knows anything about them.

mangus580

Turning up the fuel will be good since you opened up the exhaust. The cold air intake is a good idea too. Air flow is the best 'cheap' improvement you can do for any diesel.

there is no 'throttle body' in a diesel.

CUCVinterceptor

i know how to turn it up, ive done it to dodge 12 valves, it will run hot of course, but ive heard stories of melting pistons, throwing rods after 5,000 miles, redlining at 1st startup and blowing the motor as well as engine damage and lots of excess blowby. alot have told me horror stories of 6.5's ( 94 and up as well as 94 and down a.k.a the injection difference) and some 6.2's

thanks any info is appreciated guys.

AJMBLAZER

There's a lot of BS and rumors about these engines due to people either trying to over use them (ie loads worthy of a Cummins or Powerstroke) or just general misinformation (it's a stroked Olds 350 diesel, etc).

All the hotrodding info you would ever want:
http://www.62-65-dieselpage.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks