• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signal accuation whats wrong

Jones

I'm not sure but I think the wiper and turn signals are on the same lever. This should be close enough to a civvy truck to be able to compare the two.

Wiper controls should be a small bundle of wires going down the column. The tan plate is the contact and cancelling piece for the turn signals and it should have a corresponding contact plate under it with it's own wire bundle.

Look in a parts breakdown to be sure I'm not leading you astray.

69dieselfreak

I'm not sure but I think the wiper and turn signals are on the same lever. This should be close enough to a civvy truck to be able to compare the two.

Wiper controls should be a small bundle of wires going down the column. The tan plate is the contact and cancelling piece for the turn signals and it should have a corresponding contact plate under it with it's own wire bundle.

Look in a parts breakdown to be sure I'm not leading you astray.
exactly rite but how does the wiper switch accuate the turn signal switch thanks for the help where would i find a good parts break down thanks for the help again

Jones

If I understand the question; your wipers active the turn signals?
If so I'd look for frayed wires touching each other due to them winding up and unwinding as the steering wheel shaft is turned; or maybe something shorting across the multi-pin connectors.
Not much room inside the top of the steering column and plenty of places where wires can get pinched.

69dieselfreak

If I understand the question; your wipers active the turn signals?
If so I'd look for frayed wires touching each other due to them winding up and unwinding as the steering wheel shaft is turned; or maybe something shorting across the multi-pin connectors.
Not much room inside the top of the steering column and plenty of places where wires can get pinched.
no i just replaced a broken wiper switch and missing lever on the on the our side of the steering colum what im lookin for there must be a lever or something going from the wiper switch to the turn signal switch and what im wondering maybe where could u get one of those with out buy a complete steering colum from like a junk yard
thank for the help