• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signal Bulb Replacement??

jplace1011

I noticed the turn signal light stopped working for my M1009: the blinking signal light located beneath the headlight on the passengers side.

Is the bulb a 2057 type?

How do you switch out the bulb? It seems to be blocked off.

I tried skimming through the TMs, didn’t find it. I figured I ask here. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkSeas

I noticed the turn signal light stopped working for my M1009: the blinking signal light located beneath the headlight on the passengers side.

Is the bulb a 2057 type?

How do you switch out the bulb? It seems to be blocked off.

I tried skimming through the TMs, didn’t find it. I figured I ask here. Thank you in advance.

TM9-2320-289-34P
page 127 of the pdf - FIGURE 50. BLACKOUT HEADLAMP AND HEADLAMP ILLUMINATING COMPONENTS.

Attached the two pages, saw you were on mobile and it might help. Hope it helps.

Attachments

DarkSeas

Also found on TM 9-2320-289-34 (not 34P)
Page 313-319 of the pdf. Section 4-7 Front wiring harness replacement - seems to describe the process of getting to the headlights to replace wiring, might help also.

Edit: TM 9-2320-289-20 pdf page 297. Is this what you're talking about?

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

Take the headlamp bezel off with 4 - T 15 torx screws. Using a 3/8" swivel socket you can access the 3 right park/turn lamp bolts and service the bulb. Closely check the socket. it has a small thin grounding leg inside the socket that breaks and grounding is the issue. You also have a ground wire on the radiator support on both side directly above the headlamp on the under hood side. Good Luck. 1157NA or 2057NA work. Even a 3057NA works.

jplace1011

Take the headlamp bezel off with 4 - T 15 torx screws. Using a 3/8" swivel socket you can access the 3 right park/turn lamp bolts and service the bulb. Closely check the socket. it has a small thin grounding leg inside the socket that breaks and grounding is the issue. You also have a ground wire on the radiator support on both side directly above the headlamp on the under hood side. Good Luck. 1157NA or 2057NA work. Even a 3057NA works.
This great!! I had no idea! Thank you for the help guys. I’ll go get a new bulb today and start taking the bezel off, etc. I’ll report back! :)

jplace1011

This great!! I had no idea! Thank you for the help guys. I’ll go get a new bulb today and start taking the bezel off, etc. I’ll report back! :)

@cucvrus Quick question, is the bulb colored/orange like in this pic or is it clear?

Last edited:

jplace1011

@cucvrus Quick question, is the bulb colored/orange like in this pic or is it clear?

I was able to get the bulb replaced. While I was at it I replaced the bulb on the other side and cleaned up and repainted both bezels.

Thank you for the help! I greatly appreciate it!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks