• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signal Control Unit LED Bulb

cg25713

I have an 06 M1152A1. I replaced my turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs and they work with the original flasher. When I try to replace the bulb in the turn signal controller on the steering column, no LED bulb will work. The turn signal bulbs with flash normally but the LED bulb in the controller will not work. An incandescent bulb will work. Will changing the flasher allow me to use an LED in the controller? Is there another solution? Any guidance would be appreciated.

cg25713

Perhaps if it was designed for LEDs and might work even better. However I found out, as I suspected, that the polarity for the bulb in the controller is reversed so a BA9S that is not polarity sensitive should work. This is a point that I imagine is far beyond the interest or comprehension of the users here.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a BA9S LED bulb does function correctly in my turn signal with all other bulbs being LED's.
- Hovering HMMWV

papakb

Ive seen this problem before where an LED lamp will not work in the turn signal switch. All you can do is find another switch and exchange them. Some switches have the lamp socket in the turn signal switch wired backwards and that puts the wrong polarity power to the LED. There's nothing that can be done to correct it.

DREDnot

Thanks for this info.
Im gonna give it a try.
I wanted a brighter more noticeable bulb in there and I couldnt get the LED to work either because of the polarity issue.

cg25713

A few minutes ago I put in a 28V green sealed round top BA9S LED that I think I bought from Black Dog Customs. It worked.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps if it was designed for LEDs and might work even better. However I found out, as I suspected, that the polarity for the bulb in the controller is reversed so a BA9S that is not polarity sensitive should work. This is a point that I imagine is far beyond the interest or comprehension of the users here.
So you think your LED in an incandescent light socket “question “ is “beyond the interest or comprehension of the users here”? I hope you’re joking.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you think your LED in an incandescent light socket “question “ is “beyond the interest or comprehension of the users here”? I hope you’re joking.
I think he meant more about the differences between polarity and non polarity sensitive LED bulbs is more technical than most of us really need to know or care about knowing, as long as the dang thing works.

cg25713

Reverse polarity LED bulbs do work. Base is negative and rim is positive. Received these today.

.IMG_1387.jpg
My new instrument bulbs are below.
IMG_1373.jpg

pig9r

I have converted my headlights to LED a and now want to do the turn signals, markers and brake lights. Do I need to change the flasher or it still work?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have converted my headlights to LED a and now want to do the turn signals, markers and brake lights. Do I need to change the flasher or it still work?
Have you read the posts above? It seems the consensus is that it should work so give it a shot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks