• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signal fix

scoutmanadam

my turn signal stopped working on me yesterday. when i got home i went threw the tm's and narrowed it down to the switch on the steering column. now, not wanting to just replace it i took it apart and saw that the groves on the lever itself were worn to the point that they wouldn't push the contacts down enough to complete the circuit. a small bend in the copper contact and it works good as new. hope someone finds this usefull as something to check before buying a new switch.

jrobinson5093

my turn signals quit working one at a time first the right then the left. i still have not figured out what the problem is. but now i have notice the right side brake light dont work either and ideas?

oddshot

my turn signal stopped working on me yesterday. when i got home i went threw the tm's and narrowed it down to the switch on the steering column. now, not wanting to just replace it i took it apart and saw that the groves on the lever itself were worn to the point that they wouldn't push the contacts down enough to complete the circuit. a small bend in the copper contact and it works good as new. hope someone finds this usefull as something to check before buying a new switch.
Plus 1.

When I bought mine none of the signals worked ... it turned out to be the flasher unit ... BUT ...

I did a search here and saw that it was a real common problem.

I took my switch apart ... and found that many the contacts in there were green with corrosion. I cleaned them up ... and put it back together.

Then I checked ALL the connections in the aux. lights and found that EVERY ground connection had become loose and several were corroded. I drilled out ALL the rivets holding the ground pig-tails in ALL the housings ... cleaned up the contacts and "screw and nutted" them back together.

Electric boxes like the flasher unit do NOT like the heat and etc from high resistance connections.

oddshot

41cl8m5

When I got my 2 1/2 ton The lamps worked but I had to manualy move the lever back and forth. Found the ground to the back box in the engine compartment was not made. I moved the wires by hand and it came loose. It looked good before I moved the wire. re-grounded that wire and works like it should.

Last edited:

ARYankee

As far as the turn signal box..... there is a mod where you take the load off the box and add a relay.... The box then controls the relay and only has the load of the relay coil. It's a great and easy mod. I would recommend it to every one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks