• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal gremlin(s) on HMMWV

Dotrat

Thanks man I looked at the bulbs this morning and found them to be lit both low and high blink all the time. I have another switch will try it thanks for your help!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Adding little tid bits..... Spins a new web.........BOO

What do you mean both low and hi at same time. In the lamp bucket you have the larger stop/turn single contact bulb and the single contact smaller tail bulb.

Then the BO lamps or LED set. OR are these all LED.

Need to figure out when and what's going on... Markers on / off, left - right turn - stop, check brake switch ? and make a logical deduction to what is affecting what and when.

Got a picture of the wiring in the back junction boxes. If all mudded up, rusted or have you replaced buckets . Did they ever work? Come clean with the info.

So what lamps and when are they working? This is turned into a HumV of horrors... LOL

Halloween gremlins are taking over here, CAMO

Dotrat

Adding little tid bits..... Spins a new web.........BOO

What do you mean both low and hi at same time. In the lamp bucket you have the larger stop/turn single contact bulb and the single contact smaller tail bulb.

Then the BO lamps or LED set. OR are these all LED.

Need to figure out when and what's going on... Markers on / off, left - right turn - stop, check brake switch ? and make a logical deduction to what is affecting what and when.

Got a picture of the wiring in the back junction boxes. If all mudded up, rusted or have you replaced buckets . Did they ever work? Come clean with the info.

So what lamps and when are they working? This is turned into a HumV of horrors... LOL

Halloween gremlins are taking over here, CAMO

Hey All thanks for all the replies!! I figured it out. I had another hummer in the shop and just on what you all told me switched out the turn signal switch and VOILA! It's working great! Thanks again for all your help!

Dotrat

And to clarify it was the big bulb turn signal/stop that was not lighting unless pressing brake pedal. The single contact tail bulb was lit. I think they used the wrong bulb because it has a high and low bulb. Where does everyone get there 24V bulbs? Thanks again!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Just had another Humv in the shop for parts....NICE .

One might see two filaments in the bulb and are not hi or low. It's redundancy in case one filament blows. I am guessing you had the markers on when testing too.

I snag the bulbs when at the military junk yard. Cheap. Google up or Amazon.

Two in the hand equal.... err bulbs in the spare box, CAMO

Dotrat

Thanks for the clarification on the filaments makes perfect sense. Also where is the military junkyard???? Amazon is the devil haha

GetSum

I’m a couple months into chasing down turn signal gremlins on my 89’ M998. First I want to thank the Steel Soldiers community for sharing the intel I’ve learned to rely on.

I’m not going to bore you will all the variables today, just one simple question. On the “newer” flasher units…is there supposed to be continuity between the power leads A and B w/ pin C being ground?

I have been through the FULL continuity testing process for turn signal harness as well as light switch + directional/turn switch per the tech manual and everything points to flasher unit. New MME replacement flasher unit does NOT work. No LEDs in the rig at this point. Grounds all seem good.

Old flasher-no continuity b/t A&B, new flasher unit has continuity b/t pins A&B but no power going out to turn bulbs circuits when connected up to harness. Gremlin No.7>>>old unit WILL light turn signals but no flash(blinking).

Some day I’ll look back and laugh but at this point I’ve got over $600 in new light switch, directional indicator switch and flasher…

Any insight appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetSum

We’ll just to close this one out, it was a bad “new” flasher unit. Checking that off the list of fixes. I think this rig is street legal again. Going in for KY title and licensing this coming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks