• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal issue ON M1028

sebaeb

I searched the forum and didn't find a thread with the same issue as I'm having so here it goes...my turn signals will work when the truck is off and key removed...plus when head lights are on the right side signal light on dash stays on the latter problem has been discussed on here and i have tried the remedy's that folks on here have said to try but nothing has worked to solve the problems....I've checked the grounds front and rear; swapped out the relay, checked the bulbs and sockets...all looks fine...I'm stumped ...any suggestions?
thanks steve

cucvrus

Check the front 1157 bulb sockets closely. I mean real close. They are know for a broken ground tab. And it is normal that the turn signals work with the key removed and in the off position. But I am sure you have a bad socket up front. That is my long distance guess. Please advise.

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the tabs are a good one to check , It may even be a bad bulb (Chinese) there can be a lot of issues with the cheap parts out there, like it was said here check all the sockets on that side very closely and check your wires for that green fuzzy stuff, it may be well inside the insulation

m38inmaine

Take a piece of wire and hold it on the side of the bulb and run the other end to the ground terminal on the front battery and see if the dash light goes out, if it does your ground at the bulb is bad. I believe the directional on a cucv will work with the truck on or off as long as the service light switch(toggle)is "on".

sebaeb

Checked the right front socket assembly...looks ok to me...ground wire seems like its still attached to the socket assembly...cucvrus~my front had a 2057 bulb; you sure about that 1157?...have not checked left front yet...i still want to try M38inmaines idea to see what happens...will be back out tomorrow to continue ...my civy k30 turn signals do not work when key is off which im sure is how its suppose to be from factory...

cucvrus

1157 NA 2057 NA they are about the same. I think the 2057 NA bulb is a bit brighter then the original 1157 NA. I think there is a 3057 NA that is brighter yet. And the ground wire on the socket assembly is not the issue. unless the ground is not hooked up. It is a tiny little tin metal piece in the socket that attaches to the side of the socket assembly and contacts the bulb. Check that with a test light and see if it is giving the bulb a ground. I have seen this many many times as being the issue. That is why they sell new front bulb sockets.

m38inmaine

You can't compare your civvy K30 to your M1028, they are wired differently. I just went out to the M1010 and confirmed the directional works as long as the service light switch is on, doesn't matter if the key is on or off. "looks good" doesn't cut it you must test the ground circuit.

sebaeb

I rechecked the bulb socket...pulled bulb and put same bulb back in and light went out on dash...pulled bulb and cleaned the ground tab inside of the socket to ensure good contact...all seems well for now....for future reference where can someone find replacement bulb sockets?...strange thing is on my other civvy k30 the turn signals work with ignition off...still dont know what gives on that issue...thanks for everyones replies so far...

sebaeb

My problem still exists...i checked dorman...website doesnt list much...trying out google to see what i can find

Last edited:

sebaeb

85820 is discontinued; 85830 when i run the check to fit option it says item not found....plus it looks like it isn't twist lock style...m38inmaine have you used this socket ?

cucvrus

Give me your address I will send you a bulb socket. I was at a U-Pull it today. Any old GM front bulb sockets from a truck or van will fit that truck. I never seen so much hub bub over a bulb socket.

sebaeb

Thanks for the offer cucvrus; but i went to local parts store bought socket and wired it in...time will tell if that solves the problem...thanks to all for the suggestions

cucvrus

Time will tell? It either works or it don't work. This is not like making wine. Does it work? Or not? Please tell us all this is the 17th post about a light socket that is defective. Tell us for an Easter surprise.

Last edited: