• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signal Issues

Quido

I recently had to redo some wires on the left turn signal after I removed the fender to replace my IP. I went back into the harness to good wire and replaced from there up to the packard connectors for the turn signal. When I was done it worked, no issues. Next day I loaded up for a run to the dump and during my safety inspection i discovered that not only did the left turn signal not work but the flasher quit. I have the Clinto homebrew style of flasher that I built and has worked flawlessly for years. I replaced the flasher relay and got them to flash again, except the left side. I checked with a meter and I'm getting 25V on the right and only 18V on the left. I'm not good with electrical and now I don't know whats wrong or how to fix it. Guessing I had a short at some point that fried the flasher, but I don't know what else. Circuit breaker maybe?? I dunno, electrickery isn't my friend.

Edit: Yes I checked the bulbs and even swapped housings to see it that was the issue. It simply will not light up on the left side.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The switch can be opened up and the contact clean/lubed fairly easily.

smoke

I would check the ground on the left side housing and or fender. The way you explained you said you have 25v to right side but 20v to left side (That means you have 25 volts at the flasher but the left leg of it is got high resistence and you are only get 20v). When you pulled the fender was there a ground strap you removed to get it off? Maybe left off or don't tighten up? Check your butt connecters where you spliced in at. Maybe crossed wires if cut all the wire at same time. Just my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks