• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal light

Josep66

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the turn signal light. When I switch the lever, the turn light green light blinks, but when I stop the manouver, I mean, I put the lever in its original position, so no light should show up, the green list still blinks.! No action on the turn lights, but just on the green ligh. Any suggestions on how can I solve this.?

Thanks,

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the turn signal light. When I switch the lever, the turn light green light blinks, but when I stop the manouver, I mean, I put the lever in its original position, so no light should show up, the green list still blinks.! No action on the turn lights, but just on the green ligh. Any suggestions on how can I solve this.?

Thanks,
SWAG - Ground?

Maybe a piece of 14ga over to the battery ground and then over to the Signal Stat on the column.
Might be something as simple as that...

If that solves the problem at least you know what the problem is.
The column has a tendency to loose contact to the rest of the truck.
Isolated in rubber at the factory.

Josep66

SWAG - Ground?

Maybe a piece of 14ga over to the battery ground and then over to the Signal Stat on the column.
Might be something as simple as that...

If that solves the problem at least you know what the problem is.
The column has a tendency to loose contact to the rest of the truck.
Isolated in rubber at the factory.

Thank you Mullaney, I will check that and hopefully is as simple as that.!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, all the waterproof 24V turn signal control handles are junk.

Moisture get in. Things corrode up and fail.

One short anywhere in any of the five circuits going to lights or brake switch, and pfft--it's toast.

The fasher modules are electrically fragile, too.

They aren't cheap, either.

lilmonce

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Been a while since ya posted this but just in case I thought I would put my .02 in here for ya.
I had similar problems and it sounds like the contacts inside the switch are possibly the issue
….. or the contact for the bulb.

make sure ya hove no power to the signal unit before ya start.
your ignition is off, or your batteries disconnected or just remove the harness where it screws into the unit before ya start messin with it.

The green cover can be rotated left or right. There are 2 corresponding slots that allow you to lift the gel reel cover off. You can remove the bulb with downward pressure and a twist just like a tail light bulb and view the contact inside. Might be corroded Makin poor contact
but if it were just the bulb contact the flash likely would not be rhythmic, it would be intermittent .

prolly not this but check the ground for the unit. The strap clamp that holds the unit on the column is part of the ground system. When you remove the unit from the column , take a look at the steel bracket on the side where it makes contact with the column. There are raised detents on the side of the bracket that makes contact with the steering column. make sure they are not rusted or corroded. Do the same on the column where the unit bracket makes contact with the column. For the best ground these should be clean and there should be no paint on the bracket or the column where they make contact with each other.
see if that’s your problem, I’m thinkin it prolly is not but at least this way you can rule it out.

If it’s not the ground, you can unscrew the harness if you haven’t yet and take the unit off the Column.
if you have never done this before and are concerned about lining it all back up again don’t be. There is a slot in the harness that aligns with a key where it screws into the unit There are some small parts inside the unit but you can take the switch apart. Remove the stalk. Look and see if the contact levers inside the unit under the round portion of the stalk are bent or broken. These levers are copper. There is a detent on the underside of the selector stalk (lever) that makes contact with the copper levers. When you move the selector the detent presses down on the corresponding copper contact lever and completes the circuit for the flash . These copper contact levers wear out, get weak or break. If the copper contact levers are bent or broken and Makin contact without the selector in position The unit completes the circuit on its own and so ya get the green flash.
if you have to move the stalk in and out of position for the signals on. Your 151 to work sometimes or to get the indicator green to stop flashing the contact are likely the issue.
if the copper levers are bent down it’s likely from use and they are weak.
If you try to bend them up back into the neutral position they might be ok, but Be real gentle if you decide to reposition them. Make sure they are not touching each other or you WILL get a short and that is never good.
If the copper levers are in the least bit loose from the circuit board you will need to just replace the whole unit. Same if they are cracked or real weak from use. They seem to bend down over time when they are weak and even after you reposition them, after a bit they usually go right back outa the neutral position.

it’s also possible that grime and crap are packed in the unit so see if the contacts are dirty. If they are dirty, you can clean the contacts with electrical system spray cleaner. This might help if the contacts are all still good and not permanently bent or broken.

hope this helps if ya have not fixed it yet.

steveo
<><

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah, just buy another one.

They just never hold up after opening them.

A hint: Put a ten-amp inline fuse in the power lead of the feed from the headlight switch to the turn switch, it can save you trouble and money.

Conelrad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks