• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signal problem- (new one)

I searched the other threads and didn't see this issue anywhere (hopefully I wasn't just blind)

Anyway-

Here's the symptom-

When I put the turn signal in the left position, both front and rear left signals work correctly.

When I put it in the right position, the front right signal works correctly but BOTH the left and the right rear signals flash.

I checked the ground on the signal, and the flasher unit, and the light housings.

I replaced the turn signal with a NOS one, but still have the exact same issue.

All of the positions on the light switch work correctly both front and rear.

When I apply the brakes, both rear turn signals go steady on if in R turn position. In left, they work fine.

Any ideas?

AN/ARC186

Check the bulbs and make sure they are correct. In some vehicles(not sure what you have) if you put a single pin based bulb in a bi-pin base socket it will short across and cause all sorts of fun.

Big CASE

i would go threw the wiring again . it sound like you are having grounding issues. check were the light is bolted to to the truck and see if there is any rust or green stuff built up . then check all of your connects .

Well we figured it out today- bad turn signal switch!
Strange that the one on the vehicle, as well as a NOS experienced the same problem. Third time was the charm. Guess they just don't make them like they used to.

thanks for the help everyone! even if it wasn't the issue I learned some new things!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks