• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signal Switch replacement

xerofuzzion

I'm assuming both of these can be used interchangeably, but just want to make sure before i make a purchase.
Also is there any benefit of one over the other?

11613632-1
Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 3.09.05 PM.png
11613632-3
Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 3.08.48 PM.png

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
The first one without serial number and the plain Jane label is my guess a Taiwan knock off. Something to watch for with many electrical and gauges floating around... just saying.

Action

Don't they attach with 4 small screws instead of a hose clamp? See the bracket on the right side of the pic. I don't have an older one to compare.

s-l1600.jpg

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a difference, while both will work, the one with the four screws is for a HMMWV and is self canceling. The one with the bracket and hose clamp fits M37 , M35 etc and is manual canceling. Beware of the Chinese cheapo's.

spoonsc1

I would definitely go with the updated Nartron with the cancelling ring option. best thing ever made was that cancelling ring!!

11C 31A

Anyone know where to get the canceling ring? My M998 has the one that looks like the bottom picture but has the canceling function I just don't have the ring.

papakb

Another thing to remember when replacing anything electronic in the HMMWV is to disconnect one of the battery leads. This includes turn signal switches, PCBs, and alternators.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Searched their site and couldn't find the ring, found the turn signal but not the ring by itself. Is it listed under a different name than canceling ring?
The web store is a tiny fraction of their inventory. Get the nsn / part number off the tm and give them a call. I ordered mine from them.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced mine about 6 months ago. I had the newer one with the canceling ring. It failed. I replaced it with the older style I just removed the hose clamp and used the screws to attach it. It works great and matches the ones on my M35 and M37. I'm still young enough to turn it off by myself. LOL.

riderdan

I replaced mine about 6 months ago. I had the newer one with the canceling ring. It failed. I replaced it with the older style I just removed the hose clamp and used the screws to attach it. It works great and matches the ones on my M35 and M37. I'm still young enough to turn it off by myself. LOL.
These young whippersnappers with their fancy self-cancelling turn signals and their intermittent wipers! Back in my day we turned the signals off ourselves and if the rain wasn't hard enough to need constant wipers, we turned the wipers on and off ourselves too! Now get off my lawn :grin:

Just kidding, of course. I think I can remember too, except I keep finding myself two minutes from the turn noticing the signal's still on. Getting older sucks, but it mostly beats the alternative.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks