• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal switch

ger84

So I have a m925a2 for 2 years and before a deuce for 8 years so I sorta get this. Everything was good till I tack welded a tow hitch to the back so I could put bolts through easier. Anyways the black box went bad and so did my turn signal relay and so I replaced both. Now when I put the drivers side lever down for signal the green light is very dim and no signal blinking lights but if I go opposite to passenger side the light is fully lit up and everything is blinking properly. I switched bulbs and checked contacts. All seems fine. Is there a code for a dim vs bright green light for turn signal. I hate electrical. I like oil better. Ha. Any recommendations would b appreciated. Thanks
Gerald

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had same problem on rear light before I went to all Truck-Lite LEDs.
Switch was fine.
Bulbs were fine and replaced again anyway. No luck.
I could bang on light and it would start working. Then it would be fine for a while, then act up again.
Not fun.

There was a short in the light housing itself.
Was a bear to find and it was a brand new light.
Replaced with another new one.
Problem gone.

Went all led a week later.

ger84

Bad ground.

My guess says you sent about 100 amps through the ground on that side and burned it out...

Did you move your ground clamp around while welding?
ground was always on the rear and moved around a little.

where would one find the ground on the truck? have not had any luck...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks