• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signal troubles

gt1009

My turn signals are having a slight problem. When I hit the lever to turn them on sometimes all I hear is the click click click and none of the signals or indicator lights come on. Other times the arrow indicator lights come on too and then the signals will work fine. I'd say 1/3 of the time they don't work. Sometimes if i flip them off and on they work and sometimes they don't. Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Croatan_Kid

I had a recent problem with a bad bulb socket on the left front marker light, then I had a bad ground. Fixed them both and now everything works flawlessly.

JohnFire

The cheap flasher unit is $3 the good one is $10 or $12. The cheap ones are real junk but if you just want to trouble shoot you can swap the 4way flasher unit with the turn signal one. I have swapped both of mine to the heavy duty one.

gt1009

Ok, so how does the flasher unit come out do I just pull on it? I tried before but I didnt want to hurt it. Also, Croatan Kid, where was that bad ground on your truck

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flasher units pull straight out, there are two, one for the hazards and one for the turn signals. When putting them back in they can only go one way. Try swapping them. if your signals begin to work, then you've found your problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks