• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals always on M1009

avlon01

The turn signals are now always on whenever the service lights are on and the main headlights are engaged.

I did search for similar threads, and have done the following:

1. Replaced all turn signal bulbs - front and back.
  2. Cleaned all contacts front and back.

Both front and back turn signal indicators are always lit now. They were working a few weeks ago. When I move the lever on the steering column, I do not see a turn signal indicator on the dash.

All other lights work fine on the truck.

Any help would be appreciated.

dmetalmiki

Definately check the earths on the main lights to ensure they are not grounding through the signal units. You could have the lights on and with a ground to the battery with a fly wire to check that point ( at each turn signal) at least. Otherwise look for a possible short circuit.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
I think your problem might be the turn signal or hazard diodes on the fuse box wrapped in tape, if your not running military radios I would cut the diode out. I had kind of the same prob with my M1028 the left turn signal would stay lit when I turned it on. After I checked everything I found out I had a bad ground in the front bulb socket. So I got a new front head light harness, and that didn't seem to fix the issue till I cut the diode out now everything works. I'm not telling you this could be your issue but it's something to think about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks