• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signals Stay Bright F&R- L&R

bob69302

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it. I just installed a new front battery in my M998. Starts and runs great. The only problem is the turn signals don't flash. The bulbs light up and stay bright on the front and rear on each side (left if bright if turning left, right is bright if turning right). Also the bulb on the turn indicator does NOT turn on (don't mean to be yelling!). The turn signals worked great before I installed the new battery!
Thoughts?
Thanks
Phil

bob69302

Will do! Thanks guys! Anybody know if I can use the white LED on the bottom as reverse lights? I was shocked to see LEDs installed on a '92! And sorry about the picture being sideways!

Attachments

Last edited:

tage

I'm sure it can be wired for use as reverse lights. That's a good idea though! I think the hard part would be to install/source a reverse switch at the shifter...
Have you figured out why you haven't had turn signals yet? I'm not sure if know, but the larger bulb is the flasher.

DatGuyC

I think that not only would it be more difficult to to wire those lights as reverse light, but they also wouldn't be that bright being that its only a couple led's and they are behind the lense.

bob69302

According to CA law the reverse lights can not been seen from at distance greater then 75 feet (so I hope to use those LEDs as backup lights). Seems like a weak regulation to me... Also I did figure out the blinker problem. Attached is the pic. Burnt contacts. I was able to move the blinker control forward and back and it made it work. So I knew where the problem was.

Attachments

bob69302

I would like to close this thread as well. It was totally my fault the signals didn't work. There was a burnt contact as shown but the real reason the signals didn't work was because I hosed out the interior with high pressure (not a pressure washer). The water entered the turn signal switch through the green plastic cover over the indicator and it just needed to dry out. Its like hosing off an engine with spark plugs deep in the heads, DUMB! I hope I can teach someone from my mistake.
Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks