• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signals stopped working when the headlights are off

dma251

I took the Deuce down to the carwash today, and I noticed when I left that the trunsignals and brakelights are not functioning without the headlights being turned on. This is new.

Any ideas? Where do I start checking?

mangus580

There is no fueses in a deuce.

dma, I assume you had the lightswitch in 'brake light' modes when they werent working? Remeber, the 3 lever switch will turn brake and signal lights right off in the OFF position!!

dma251

I keep the top lever straight up normally (daytime) and flip it over two clicks (all the way) to the right at night time. Are you saying up is off? It seems like I have always had signals before when the lever was straight up. I never mess with the left lower (brightness) lever.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the top lever to the right, two positions (service drive), you can turn your headlights on and off with your lower left lever flipping it from dim to park. You'll have turn signals in all positions of the lower left lever.

mangus580

DMA, with the top lever straight up, you will not have ANY lights. If you want brakes and signals, go one click to the right, if you want to add headlights, go two clicks right. This is how the switches were meant to work.

If you read the operators manual, it is described in there ;-)

ajg6989

I had a problem with my right side composite light in the back the hole the cable goes through was rubbing on the cable and causing a short when it moved from a bump here and there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks