• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn up the fuel....

painkiller

i changed em last week and there were no leaks from the canisters and ive been driving it to shows and stuff for the past week and everything seemed fine and one more thing after i made that last post i went out again and the allen screw in there i didnt notice any black smoke or anything when i would pump the throttle and before i know it the whole allen screw came out and the motor was still running normally so does that mean that there is some other adjustment?
by the way i have heard of some sort of fuel compinsator being by passed after rebuild and my motor was rebuilt in 92 would that have some effect in the fact that i have to adjust it from some other place?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you were turning the adjusting screw the wrong way. Looking at it from the front of the truck you should turn it clockwise. The screw is a 3/32 allen set screw. The cover over this screw "cap" is 7/16 wrench. And the lock nut is 7/16 also.
PK if you like PM me and i'll give you my # and walk you through it on the phone. The cover in cranetrucks pics is a different area. That procedure will produce the same results but is much more complacted.

painkiller

alright i'll take you up on your offer after i try turning it clock wise because i was turning it in the wrong direction thanks for the info

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken respectively I believe you are incorrect. If the FDC is bypassed then the servo adjusting screw will do nothing to change the fuel rate and if the FDC is being used then it will no longer meter the different fuels correctly.
What is the point in having a FDC and it not work properly! All you are doing is increasing the pressure on the servo by tighting down on the jet and this will increase the chances of the FDC leaking more fuel into the crankcase. Real good thing if you like to spend money.
Turn up the fuel in the right place or don't do it at all.

Last edited:

rivired

Ya i was gonna say kens advice totally contradicts everything ive ever read about turning up your pump..The Adjustment is not made by using the stud on the FDC with the round cover on it!.

mo-mudder

My goodness, riv! You musta been bored to have dug this post up from the past! Anyhoo, I have a related question, if anyone else is actually reading this post. I was wanting to modify mine and run true duals, using 2 5" pipes y-ed together right after the turbo. This would certainly decrease the exit EGT. But that really isn't the danger of turning up the pump, now, is it? We want to pay attention to the entrance EGT, correct?

rivired

i cant imagine a very desirable exaust note coming from 2.5 inch pipes with this motor..go with big duals.

And the reason i dug this up is i was turning up my fuel today and i turned the inner bolt 4 full wrench turns with no result...smoke ect..and so i was worried about turning it to many times so i decided to read up..and then got totally confused when i started reading kens instructions.

Last edited:

DeuceNewb

I would love some pics of where the cover is you need to remove and also what it looks like inside. I looked at my motor and couldn't find it. Also, is there any benefit in turning up the fuel on a motor without a turbo?

Parker2

^^^^More fuel and more power plus more smoke. How much I have no idea, but my truck without turbo already smokes pretty good while going thru the gears. I dont think I would want it to smoke anymore than it does. Might get the prius owners after me.

DuecesWild

Hey guys im gonna tinker with the pump sometime but i gotta get gauges first. i wanna know what boost/pyro did you all get. I was looking at Isspro because there old looking gauges but I can't find a 24V one. I need to get this Deuce rollin some coal like my Cummins. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks