• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turning fuel down on a multifuel

drjconley

I suspect that my multifuel was turned up. It is a M62A2. It will overheat, it has blown a head gasket, and it makes copious amounts of smoke when accelerating.
Would a hand held IR thermometer work for takeing temps, and if so where would I take it?
Do I, or should I put in a pyro?
I have heard that pulling the fuel cutoff part way out is the same as turning down the fuel. Would doing that and then seeing if the temps went up be possible? If so, since I am the only one who drives the truck, I would rather go that way than playing with the fuel pump.

Thank you

Jim

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the blown head gasket might be the cause of the smoke if the affected hole doesn't completely burn the fuel. Is the smoke continuous or puffs out?

If you don't want to pull the head yet and therefore start taking off the turbo to do the pyro job, turning the fuel down is easy, but might not really diagnose the problem. If it runs poorly due to the blown gasket, it might not be much difference in power turning the fuel down.

drjconley

I have changed the head gasket twice. First time was with the older style gasket and it blew out within a few months. I changed it the second time with the newer style gasket. It is working ok so far. I have had the radiator cleaned and repaired and it is running ok right now. I havent taken it far enough since the head job and radiator repair to see the temps go up like they have in the past. Is it true about using the fuel shut off while driveing to reduce the fuel, thereby lowering engine temp?

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks