• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turning up fuel and boost...related?

anthonyamato4

From what I can see I have a G code LDS injection pump that I installed on my LDT engine. It runs great. I watched a video on how to adjust my fuel so I understand that and I just hooked up my egt to monitor that....how does the boost get turned up. I'm running around 7 or so lbs of boost with 900 degrees on the egt....how do you turn up boost....or is it just turning up fuel turns up the boost?

There are several guys that run 1200* F but that is short duration. With the piston oilers, if you have them, you're safe going above 1200* but I wouldn't suggest doing long pulls like that. Depending on how you timed the pump you'll be able to run more or less fuel. It was brought up a long time ago, and by me more recently, that by retarding the pump timing you'll be able to lower cylinder pressures to run more fuel and boost. No one that I can find has ever tried it though. Since you are running an LDT you'll have the 22:1 CR pistons and that is going to limit you a lot on boost. If you want to try it time your pump to LDT specs then record how much fuel, boost and your EGT's. Then retime the pump to LDS specs, keeping your fuel the same, and see if you get a drop in EGT's. If you do get a drop then you can run more fuel.

anthonyamato4

OK so the only way to get the boost up is by turning up fuel ....right? Normal driving it sits at like 500-700 haven't seen higher then 900 when staying in the throttle so I have some room to turn it up....right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks