• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Twin Turbo Deuce

spicergear

Here's a pic of my twin stacks I've had for...wow, sometime now. Maybe 5 or 6 years. I put duals on it when I put the 1160 V8 CAT in. Oh, also note in the third pic you can see the air filter assembly I used. The filter housing is off of the passenger side corner of an old Mack cab. I layed it down, used a 90* elbow and made the original 'mushroom' fit into it. Freed up some engine bay room and looks similiar to the old 5 tons.

Attachments

greenery

i would imagine twin turbos would be to hard on a stock motor, but if u hav a little disposable income and are willing to go all the way, u could find another motor and run a multi-turbo setup like you might see on a semi size competitive tractor pulling truck, they can run up to 6 turbos on watever motor they use, of course your exhaust would probably be solid black, but you would hav a ludicrous amount of hp

brianp454

This thread has been silent for some time. I was prowling craigslist this morning and found a local truck for sale with a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] turbo:

00202_74pWMr9hXCR_600x450_tt.jpg

Notice it is not a twin turbo setup where 3 cylinders feed an individual turbo or on a V8 gasser having an individual turbo on each bank of cylinders.
This guy has basically welded a flange onto the existing turbo exhaust elbow to allow the exhaust gasses from the existing turbo to feed the inlet of the exhaust side of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] turbo. The inlet of the compressor side of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] turbo is connected to the air cleaner with the outlet feeding into the inlet of the existing (1[SUP]st[/SUP]) turbo. I think this is a similar to many newer twin turbo designs. He claims low EGTs and the pics show no smoke. I saw this and it sparked my interest.