• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two and a half tons and lifts

Crf450x

I don't have the (1) concrete pad or the (2) steel building - so I won't be installing a lift any time soon. Definitely until those two things get done first!

Any idea about a rough cost might be for a 4 Post Lift?

I don’t either. That picture was at the shop I used to work at. I plan to have a shop built in the next year or two. I’ve looked at 30k pound lifts and they’re 15-20. I’d like to be able to pick my 5 ton up. Smaller lifts can be had for a lot less.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is simply convenient more than anything. It takes time to put the truck up on cribbing and the lift will get the truck in the air in about half of a minute.
You could also build a pit so you could walk under the truck while it is sitting on the 'ground'. That's the way things were done before 'lifts' came into vogue.

V8srfun

You could also build a pit so you could walk under the truck while it is sitting on the 'ground'. That's the way things were done before 'lifts' came into vogue.
a pit would be nice but there is a reason why they are illegal in repair facilities now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks