• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two Are Better Than One!

66Reo6X6

Bought a second M35A2. A 1966 Jeep to go with my first one a 1966 Reo. Was told the Jeep was used as a kitchen truck and found some evidence to back up that theory.
This second truck has the air lock transfer case and Hercules multi fuel. Drove it the thirty or so miles home after putting batteries and fuel in it without any problems.
And the kicker is I am already eying a third one for parts. Can not have too much of a good thing wright?

Attachments

66Reo6X6

Has anyone else seen a M35 with this type of enclosure on it before or is this just something that was a custom build? All that they did was raise the bows so a person could walk upright and not hit your head and then fasted steele to the exterior starting at the bottom on each side meeting in the middle on top and the ends are plywood. There is a desk w/chair and a locker and the the front four feet is sectioned off with shelf 4 feet off the floor with double doors. It is also wired with a couple 110v outlets and both 110v and 12v lights.
Would like to put in a couple of windows. Any body have any suggestions as to what kind to use and not ruin the look of the truck. The next question would be where to acquire some. Thanks for the input.

Mark2X2

Has anyone else seen a M35 with this type of enclosure on it before or is this just something that was a custom build? All that they did was raise the bows so a person could walk upright and not hit your head and then fasted steele to the exterior starting at the bottom on each side meeting in the middle on top and the ends are plywood. There is a desk w/chair and a locker and the the front four feet is sectioned off with shelf 4 feet off the floor with double doors. It is also wired with a couple 110v outlets and both 110v and 12v lights.
Would like to put in a couple of windows. Any body have any suggestions as to what kind to use and not ruin the look of the truck. The next question would be where to acquire some. Thanks for the input.

I've bought two M35A2 out of Ft. McCoy, WI that look like that. There was a pile of them there. The one my buddy got has a diesel fired heater and it's insulated looked to be a medic truck. Mine was un-insulated, had cabinets in it, looked to be the NBC truck. We both pulled them & are using them as sheds.
As for windows you might try a topper or camper window.

Jimma

Many of the ones like that were used in various medical detachments around the country. I also agree with wreckerman's post as to dueces and guns.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks